Kabod Group (KG) is a global consulting firm providing excellent and professional services in Knowledge Management (KM), e-learning, and Languages (interpretation and translation from English to French, Portuguese, and over 30 African languages). Kabod is committed to making a qualitative difference in the lives of youth, children, and adults. We conduct and apply research, develop evidence-based solutions, and provide consulting services across Africa and globally, in both rural and urban spaces to improve equitable outcomes for individuals from infancy through adulthood. Serving as trusted partners in the areas of education, and social justice, our teams enhance capacity within communities to prioritize impact — asking the right questions, customizing methodologies, developing relevant tools, and implementing best practices specific to a diverse range of stakeholder needs.
Furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion is core to who we are and how we work. We are committed to working with our clients to illuminate and address disparities, value and elevate diverse voices, and ensure equitable access to our resources and services.
Position: Education Research (Junior Consultant)
In this role, you will be responsible for managing research projects in the education and development sector. You will be working closely with the Senior Consultant on research initiatives to ensure a fast and professional delivery, managing research projects, deliverables, and direct client coordination.
- Experienced in using of qualitative and quantitative methods to deliver research aims and produce reports, lessons learned, issue papers, policy briefs, etc. Manage research programs and partnerships, ensuring milestones, budgets, and reporting requirements are met, maintained, and timely communicated to external partners
- Plans data collection, reporting, and analysis systems for the evaluation and assessment of education programs
- Designs and coordinates manual and computerized systems to research data; conduct statistical analysis of data to determine program success and effectiveness.
- Designs and conducts operations involving the issuance of research funding projects, monitors and evaluates projects, negotiate project grants and develops recommendations for granting boards.
- Attends meetings to exchange research and evaluation information.
- Assist in developing the strategy of the Learning Department in collaboration with the Senior Consultant.
- Prepare and deliver presentations at national and international conferences when needed.
- Participate in group meetings with other researchers and support staff and contribute to the dissemination of research findings
- Deliver training in research techniques and methods to colleagues and students.
- Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work.
Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Education, Computer Science, STEM, Governance, Public Administration, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience conducting education research and report writing on education-related topics, especially STEM, education data, etc.
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret and report on complex data.
- Knowledge of modern developments, trends, and theories in education and education research, evaluation, and assessment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of research, evaluation, and assessment.
- Knowledge of standard measures and statistical tools used in education research, evaluation, and assessment.
- Knowledge of different types of research and methods of gathering and evaluating data.
- Project management skills and experience, preferably in the context of research projects.
- Ample experience in designing and developing Policy Notes, field notes, issue papers, and research papers.
- Proven exceptional writing and good communication skills in English.
- Proven strong research skills.
- Knowledge of African Education, AI, Deep Learning, e-learning, Talent Development, and other sectors desired.
- Demonstrated capacity to work individually, with high-level stakeholders and as part of a team, and under tight deadlines.
- Strong IT and literacy skills
How to apply :
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page Cover Letter to email@example.com,
cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the JOB TITLE in the subject line.
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: March 13th, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Job Location: 10 Nairobi Street, Opposite Institute of Local Government Madina
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary: 2500 – 4500
Job Benefits :
- Health and wellness benefits such as access to coaching, devotional practices, fitness and nutritional services, crisis counselors, and mental health assistance.
- Access to professional growth and development (library access, e-books, access to professional courses and training, etc.)
- Flexible work arrangements (remote work possible after 3 months probation period).
- Regular traveling and networking opportunities.
- Appreciation programs and team gatherings.
- Opportunities for annual merit-based performance increases + annual incentives
- Professional development opportunities & mentorship program.