Specific Duties :
- Supervise the translation, interpretation, revision, editing, terminological, reference and word processing work, determining priorities and allocating staff resources for the timely, quality and cost-effective delivery of outputs.
- Prepare the long-term planning of the Unit on the basis of the established vision. Manage the day-to-day work of the department in the light of workload projections and within the available budgetary resources. Efficiently plan the use of in-house and short-term staff as well as external collaborators.
- Submit proposals for permanent and temporary staff recruitment for approval and manage interns and volunteers in the unit.
- Work closely with the communication and other units in the translation of documents. Provide authoritative advice with respect to the provision of language services and terminology.
- As appropriate, participate on behalf of Kabod Group in working groups set up at the department or Office level to draw up or update the rules, house style and standards for Kabod publications and official documents.
- Work on establishing and maintaining contact with major translation schools to identify potential candidates. Liaise and organize exchanges of experience with the language services of other local or international organizations.
- Manage and grow the ALLAT, KLT, NLP and etc.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required profile :
- Professionalism: Ability to demonstrate good writing skills; high standard of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text with a good grasp of the subject matter. Ability to use all sources of references, consultation and information relevant to the text at hand. Ability to work under pressure and maintain adequate speed and volume of output. Ability to show a high level of versatility, judgement and discretion. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies-Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required-Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work-Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning-Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary-Uses time efficiently.
- Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands.
How to apply :
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) (max 2 pages) and a one-page Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com, quoting the JOB TITLE in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: February 20, 2023 at 5:00 pm