Kabod Group (KG) is a global consulting firm providing excellent and professional services in Knowledge Management (KM), e-learning and Languages (interpretation and translation from English to French, Portuguese and over 30 African languages). Kabod is committed to making a qualitative difference in the lives of youth, children, and adults. We conduct and apply research, develop evidence-based solutions, and provide consulting services across Africa and globally, in both rural and urban spaces to improve equitable outcomes for individuals from infancy through adulthood. Serving as trusted partners in the areas of education, social justice, our teams enhance capacity within communities to prioritize impact — asking the right questions, customizing methodologies, developing relevant tools, and implementing best practices specific to a diverse range of stakeholder needs.
Furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion is core to who we are and how we work. We are committed to working with our clients to illuminate and address disparities, value and elevate diverse voices, and ensure equitable access to our resources and services. Position: Program Assistant in education research and knowledge management Responsibilities :
- Assist in planning data collection, reporting, and analysis systems for the evaluation and assessment of education programs
- Assist in designing and coordinating manual and computerized systems to research data; conducts statistical analysis of data to determine program success and effectiveness.
- Assist in designing and conducting operations involving issuance of research funding projects, monitors and evaluates projects, negotiates project grants, and develops recommendations for granting boards.
- Attends meetings to exchange research and evaluation information.
- Assist in developing the strategy of the Learning Department in collaboration with the Senior Consultant.
- Assist in preparing and delivering presentations at national and international conferences when needed.
- Participate in group meetings with other researchers and support staff and contribute to dissemination of research findings
- Assist in delivering training in research techniques and methods to colleagues and students.
- Assist in maintaining records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work.
Bachelor Degree in Education, Computer Science, STEM, Governance, Public Administration or related field.
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret and report on complex data.
- Knowledge of modern developments, trends, and theories in education and education research, evaluation, and assessment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of research, evaluation, and assessment.
- Knowledge of standard measures and statistical tools used in education research, evaluation, and assessment.
- Knowledge of different types of research and methods of gathering and evaluating data.
- Project management skills and experience, preferably in the context of research projects.
- Ample experience in designing and developing Policy Notes, field notes, issue papers, research papers.
- Proven exceptional writing and good communication skills in English.
- Proven strong research skills.
- Knowledge of African Education, AI, Deep Learning, e-learning, Talent Development and other sectors desired.
- Demonstrated capacity to work individually, with high level stakeholders and as part of a team and under tight deadlines.
- Women or students from Ashesi University are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com, quoting the JOB TITLE in the subject line.
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: 23rd May 2023
Job Location : 10 Nairobi Street, Opposite Institute of Local Government Madina
Nature of Job: 12 months
Salary : Commensurable with experience
Job Benefits :
- Health and wellness benefits such as access to coaching, devotional practices, fitness and nutritional services, crisis counselors, mental health assistance.
- Access to professional growth and development (library access, e-books, access to professional courses and training etc.)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Regular traveling and networking opportunities.
- Appreciation programs and team gatherings.
- Opportunities for annual merit-based performance increases + annual incentives
- Professional development opportunities & mentorship program
- Fast-paced, fun and dynamic environment
- A Start up culture
- Ambitious and driven people
- Opportunity to Grow with the business