Kabod Group Consulting is a cutting-edge partner in providing translation and interpretation services. We are a strong team of professional translators and interpreters with over three decades in the language industry and in diverse fields: education, culture, economy, legal etc. At Kabod, we bridge all cultural barriers to help you to globalize your content effectively and efficiently while preserving its original meaning, be it in translation, interpretation, transcription, localization, transcreation, or subtitling. Our combined 30 years of experience in translation, interpretation, localization and transcreation strategically positions us to provide excellent services that match world standards and speak to the target audience. Want to join a great team as Programs Assistant at Kabod and do you meet the qualification below?
- Contribute to the implementation of the strategy and work plan of Kabod Language Services (KLS)in collaboration with the team and Managing Director.
- Assist in all projects related to translation and interpretation, natural language processing, localization and rental of interpretation equipment.
- Contribute to knowledge management and talent development initiatives within Kabod such as Smart Sessions, Spark Time,Collaborate actively in business development and marketing activities with the Head of Communications to continuously attract and maintain clients
- Assist in programs such as The network of African Languages Translators and Teachers (ALATT), NLP Africa Summit, Kabod Language Talk (KaLT) and the African Translator and Interpreter Awards.
- Assist in the day-to-day work of the department in the light of workload projections and within the available budgetary resources..
- Contribute to KLS Knowledge management activities by regularly producing articles, reviewing external contributions and disseminating published content with the right audience.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Professionalism: Ability to demonstrate good writing skills; high standard of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text with a good grasp of the subject matter. Ability to work under pressure and maintain adequate speed and volume of output. Ability to show a high level of versatility, judgement and discretion. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork:Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Place team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect one’s own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies-Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required-Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work-Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning-Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary-Uses time efficiently.
Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands.
Salary range: GHC 700- GHC 1000 depending on the applicant experience and profile.
Kindly note that is a Hybrid position and the successful candidate shall be required to work onsite twice in a week.