Job Title: Early Career Researcher In African Philanthropy
Company: Kabod Group International
Location: Accra, Ghana (In person or remote)
Type: Kabod Internship Program (KIP)
Duration: 6 Month
About Kabod Group
Kabod Group (KG) is a consulting firm providing professional services in Research, Knowledge Management (KM), eLearning and Languages (interpretation and translation from English to French, Portuguese and over 30 African languages). Our clients include both nonprofits and for-profit organisations operating in Africa, Europe, Latin America and Asia. We encourage you to read our capability statement to know more about our areas of services, values and vision.
As an Early Career Researcher in African Philanthropy, you will play a crucial role in advancing our research initiatives on philanthropy, local giving and social investment in Africa, but also on impact investing and alternative funding models for CSOs. This position offers a unique opportunity to advance the continental research agenda on African philanthropy (including faith based giving), shift the power, social justice advocacy and participatory development in Africa. As you join Kabod, you would collaborate with a team of senior research associates and partners in international development and humanitarian sectors. The six-month duration of KIP includes a one month externship period in one of Kabod’s local partners institutions whose work is aligned with the intern’s career goals.
- Support the implementation of in-depth research on African philanthropy, local giving , and impact investing initiatives in Africa and beyond.
- Utilize both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Prepare comprehensive reports summarizing research findings, trends, and recommendations.
- Present research outcomes in a clear and accessible format.
- Work closely with the Research and Knowledge Management (KM) team to integrate research outcomes into organizational knowledge resources.
- Stay updated on developments in philanthropy, impact investing, and relevant socio-economic topics.
- Be willing to attend training sessions and share knowledge to enhance organizational learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Economics, International Development
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information.
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools (SPSS, Excel etc.)
- Female applications and people with disabilities are highly encouraged.
- Remote work possible. So other African nationals with research interest or professional experience in African philanthropy are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to articulate research findings clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in data collection and analysis.
- Willingness to adapt to evolving research priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Gain practical experience in research methodologies and data analysis.
- Exposure to diverse aspects of philanthropy and impact investing in the African context.
- Build connections with professionals in the knowledge management and philanthropy sectors.
- Receive guidance and mentorship from experienced researchers within Kabod Group.
- Potential for a full-time position upon successful completion of the internship.
- Access to at least 35 trainings to boost professional and personal growth.
- Opportunities to develop your leadership skills through in-house events & trainings.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit:
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- a concise one-page Cover Letter
- a sample of research paper published or unpublished.
All must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com. Any incomplete application shall automatically be dismissed and do ensure to include the JOB TITLE in the subject line of your email. Should you not receive a response within two (2) weeks after the deadline, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful.
Closing date: 19th January at 5pm GMT
Job Location: 10 Nairobi Street, Opposite Institute of Local Government, Accra (Ghana)