The Open Digital Academy for Young Africans (ODAYA)
This is an online demand-driven digital training initiative for African Youth, whose goal is to upscale their digital skills in order to increase access to employment. Targeting students and young professionals, these workshops impart a blend of digital and soft skills to young Africans using online group activities and coaching. This goes a long way to support the growth of this vibrant, diverse and inclusive group of young professionals in Africa. Founded on the open movement principles of transparency, participation and collaboration, these online digital workshops have as objectives to:
- Provide young professionals free access to unique, demand-driven digital training from experienced digital experts from across the world;
- Ensure access to an online community of digital enthusiasts and technologists, providing a platform that supports the improvement of their digital skills;
- Enable them advance their careers by providing free access to digital resources and tech-related job opportunities;
- Create a forum for sharing their expertise and contributing to African youth development;
- Develop and improve their digital skills and enhance the smooth running of their projects.
Since 2020, the ODAYA sessions have brought together over 450 young leaders and trainers who have been able to exchange knowledge in different aspects of technology. Through these workshops, participants are able to improve on their digital skills to better prepare for the fast-paced environment in which we find ourselves. Some topics that have been covered include:
- How to manage a company’s digital identity;
- Time management, productivity and digital performance;
- Personal branding on professional social networks (LinkedIn etc.);
- How to optimize your web presence (SEO) and that of your company.
- How to use Explaindio in the production of short attractive animated videos;
These and many other topics were covered with the aim of providing these young leaders with relevant information pertaining to the digital world.
Ways of engagement
In order to participate, whether as a trainer or participant, kindly fill out the google form indicating your area of interest. https://forms.gle/HfhCw48QS6qbWYFK9
At the global level, ODAYA will bring together stakeholders in Africa with initiatives on digital media and tools for mutual understanding to propel development while addressing the specific opportunities and challenges of the African continent. We envisage that the Open Digital Academy for Young Africans will become an important implementation arm of Kabod Group.
KM Professionals Network in Africa
The goal of this group is to facilitate information, experience and best practice sharing among knowledge management professionals operating in Africa. Through this platform, individuals can share/access job opportunities, conferences and meaningful collaboration with other peers in the field of information technology and knowledge management in nonprofit, business and public sectors. Each week, video presentations, tips and events organized in Africa or worldwide are shared for mutual engagement. The objectives of the group are to:
- Bring together KM experts and practitioners from around the continent;
- Keep participants up to date with trends in the field of knowledge management in Africa;
- Partner with researchers and innovators from across Africa to find out how KM can catalyze positive change in a diverse range of contexts across the continent.
Ways of engagement
Join us on LinkedIn and interact with other KM Professionals in Africa. Jobs, consultancies, learning resources and events are regularly exchanged on the platform.
The group will bring together KM professionals and experts from around the continent who will become the African knowledge hub and promote a learning culture. This will eventually be a platform where individuals and organizations seeking solutions in KM related areas can get answers.
These professionals will share perspectives, ideas, experiences and information to ensure that they are easily accessible and at the right time in order to enable informed decisions; and to improve efficiency by reducing the need to rediscover knowledge.