Muna Kalati is a membership-based association and a subsidiary organization from Kabod Group, that promotes reading for African children’s books through research, policy advocacy and capacity development. We are seeking an experienced innovative financing and resource mobilization consultant with at least 5 solid years of experience to join our team!
Position: Innovative Financing and civic space Specialist
The Innovative Financing and civic space officer will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to secure funding for our organization but also implement research and training programs on alternative funding models for nonprofits in Africa. The successful candidate will work closely with the Managing Director, the business development officer and other stakeholders to identify funding opportunities, implement research on innovative financing and civic space thematic. He/She will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with donors and partners and reporting on fundraising activities.
- Develop and implement an innovative financing strategy to secure funding for the organization’s programs and projects.
- Identify funding sources and prepare high quality proposals for individual donors, corporate partners, and government agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors and partners, including regular communication and reporting.
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop effective fundraising and outreach materials, including newsletters, brochures, and social media campaigns.
- Support the implementation of development research projects on accountability, transparency and sustainability of nonprofits.
- Develop and facilitate training on alternative funding models and philanthropy mechanisms for nonprofits in Africa.
- Keep abreast of trends in resource mobilization and philanthropy, including new funding mechanisms and donor priorities.
- Support with accounting and bookkeeping tasks when needed.
- Master degree in finance, development economics, business administration, management or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in research , resource mobilization, investment, fintech or related fields.
- Excellent communication and networking skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with donors and partners.
- Strong research writing and analytical skills, with the ability to develop high-quality grant proposals and reports.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and fundraising best practices.
- Prior experience in engaging donors and financial institutions, including with private and institutional investors is required.
- Knowledge of the global development financing system, capital investment
- results-based financing and official development assistance, is strongly preferred.
How to apply :
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page Cover Letter to email@example.com,
If you don’t hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: June 26, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Job Location : 10 Nairobi Street, Accra.
Nature of Job: 12 months renewable
Salary : Very competitive and attractive salary commensurate with experience
Job Benefits :
- Health and wellness benefits such as access to coaching, devotional practices, fitness and nutritional services, crisis counselors, mental health assistance.
- Access to professional growth and development (library access, e-books, access to professional courses and training etc.)
- Flexible work arrangements (remote work possible after 3 months’ probation period).
- Regular traveling and networking opportunities.
- Monthly appreciation programs and team gatherings.
- Opportunities for annual merit-based performance increases + annual incentives
- Professional development opportunities & mentorship program.
- Fast-paced, fun and dynamic environment
- A Start up culture with the opportunity to Grow with the business
- Ambitious and smart working people